Low Carb Paleo Bagels
I have been on a breakfast kick lately! Are you all sick of it yet? A couple weeks ago I posted a recipe for my savor flax seed waffles and this week I’m posting a recipe for low carb paleo bagels. It’s clearly no secret that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.
Although these bagels don’t take a long time to make (18 min baking time and 5 min prep time) I like to bake them ahead of time, at the beginning of the week, because mornings be cray in the Martin household.
Now before my pictures scare you off, note that these bagels would look a lot prettier if I had a bagel/donut tin. For these bagels I used my wonderul
Low Carb Paleo Bagels (per bagel): Calories: 194, Fat: 15g, Total Carbs 8g, Fiber 4g, (net carbs 4g), Protein: 9g
Low Carb Paleo Bagel
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 2-3 Tablesoon Toppings (my favorite are: Dried Onion, Poppy Seeds, Salt, Sesame Seeds)
- Heat over to 350°F
- Mix all ingredients
- Pour batter into a bagel pan (or donut pan). I don't currently have either, so I just shaped them into a bagel shape and baked them on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with desired toppings
- Bake for 18 minutes