As the seasons change, so do my pancakes. The winter and fall months have me craving pumpkin and chocolatey things, but the spring and summer months are all about fruit. Recently I haven’t been able to get enough of these juicy blue-berries and thankfully we have a whole freezer full of them from last years farm pickings. So why not throw them in pancakes?
I use my regular pancake recipe but minus the butter and with a little extra coconut flour (to account for the juiciness of the frozen blueberries), lemon zest, and slightly mashed blueberries. I find that frozen blueberries work best and create a more colorful pancake.
These are the best low-carb & paleo blueberry pancakes! They are gluten free, dairy free, keto friendly, and OMG SO DELICIOUS. And don’t forget to top them with my blueberry syrup recipe below!
Low-Carb & Paleo Blueberry Pancakes
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 scoop gelatin
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar (this and the baking soda is what makes them fluffy so don’t omit this)
- 1 heaping tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries (partially mashed)
- Mix beaten eggs, milk, vanilla, and butter until well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and gelatin (optional)
- Once all combined add apple cider vinegar, lemon zest, and blueberries.
- Let pancakes sit for a few minutes before baking– to allow mix to thicken up.
Low-Carb & Paleo Blueberry Pancakes: Calories: 575, Fat: 24.6g, Total Carbs 48.8g, Fiber 27.6g, (net carbs 21.2g), Protien: 30g
For the Blueberry Maple Syrup
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Heat all ingredients in saucepan on low heat for about 8 minutes. Mashing and stirring constantly. A few lumps are okay. Allow to cool slightly (so it thickens up) before pouring on pancakes.
Blueberry Maple Syrup: Calories: 140, Fat: 0.5g, Total Carbs 32g, Fiber 3.6g, (net carbs 28.4g), Protien: 1.1g