Stuck in a low-carb paleo breakfast rut? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. I’m always on the search for low-carb paleo breakfast ideas. Not only do they need to be low-carb and paleo, but they need to be easy to make & easy to reheat, because I LOVE making food ahead of time (because who doesn’t love saving time during the week?!) and these low-carb paleo cinnamon buns are exactly that! Thank you to Lindsay at The Toasted Pine Nut for creating this amazing recipe!
These delicious, flakey, croissant pastry-like cinnamon buns are so incredibly easy to make and even easier to devour!
Once made, you can store these in the fridge for up to 7 days. To reheat, just toast them in the oven or microwave them. Or, you can not reheat them. Why? Because – cold pizza. Need I say more?
Low-Carb Paleo Cinnamon Buns
The step by step recipe is below, but here are picture instructions for those visual learners, like myself, out there!
1. Combine all ingredients for each Buns, Filling, and Icing, in their own separate bowls.
I like to use a large bowl for the buns, medium bowl for the filling, and small bowl for icing.
2. Divide the dough into 8 separate balls. Take a ball and put it between two sheets of parchment paper (this helps with the mess) and roll them into long rectangles.
You may need to fold it on top of itself a couple times to get the right size and shape. My finished size is typically 1.5-2″ wide x 7-8″ long.
3. Spread a spoonful of the filling mixture down the middle of the flattened bun. Peel up one end and start rolling. Place rolled bun into muffin tin.
4. Crack an egg, whisk it, and brush over your unbaked rolls. Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes.
5. Allow to cool for 5 minutes or so before taking out. Drizzle with icing mixture and enjoy!
Lower Carb Paleo Cinnamon Buns (per bun)
Calories: 596, Fat: 53g, Total Carbs 22g, Fiber 4.5g, (net carbs 17.5g), Protein: 11g
Looking for more low-carb paleo breakfast ideas? Check out my favorite breakfast recipes here!