Categories: Blog

T1D Living

Share
Friday Favorites 40 Spring

And just like that it’s Friday again! This week went by so incredibly fast, I’m having a hard time believing it’s actually Friday! But since it’s Friday I wanted to kick-off my weekend with some low carb pancakes, scrambled eggs, and a low carb chocolate PB banana smoothie.  Seriously guys, I can’t get enough of these feel-good, spinach, pancakes!

breakfast

Every week I share with you some of my favorite things from the week. I love hearing what some of your favorites are, so be sure to let me know what you’re loving this week in the comments below!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Friday Favorites #40

Fixing my 2hr Post Meal Spikes

instagram stories

For those of you who follow me on Instagram, you may have seen that this week I’ve been struggling with 2hr post meal spikes. With the help of my Omnipod and the “Extended Bolus” feature I was able to master the 2hr post meal spike by giving 70% of my bolus upfront and the remaining 30% over the course of an hour.

This pic was from breakfast. Once I added a 15min pre-bolus (in addition to the extended bolus) to my lunch and dinner  bolus, my numbers were GOLDEN! This is one of the many reasons that I am so thankful I got on a pump for pregnancy. I can’t imagine how much harder this would be MDI.

 

Jett Cuddles

Jett Cuddles

Does anyone else’s dog cuddle like this? He loves to have his cheeks sandwiched and is always looking for a lap to lay his head in. I think it is the cutest thing!

 

Dexcom G6 Has Arrived!

dexcom g6

Yesterday my social channels were blowing up with pictures of everyone getting their Dexcom G6 in the mail. I have to say I am super jealous because I still have a stockpile of G5’s to get through before I need to order more. I hope you are all loving the new device and I can’t wait to see/read more about your experience with it!

 

Birthing From Within Book

Birthing From Within

I have been reading this book all week and am already almost done! It is such a fast, easy, and enjoyable read and came highly recommended to me by my Doula.

Here is a holistic approach to childbirth that examines this profound rite-of-passage not as a medical event but as an act of self-discovery. Exercises and activities such as journal writing, meditation, and painting will help mothers analyze their thoughts and face their fears during pregnancy. For use during birth, the book offers proven techniques for coping with labor pain without drugs, a discussion of the doctor or midwife’s role, and a look at the father’s responsibilities. Childbirth education should also include what to expect after the baby is born. Here are baby basics, such as how to bathe a newborn, how to get the little one to sleep, and tips for getting nursing off to a good start. Pregnancy, birth, and postpartum is a process of continuous learning and adjustment; Birthing From Within provides the necessary support and education to make each phase of birthing a rewarding experience.

 

Blonde Hair Ties

hair ties

I don’t know if it’s this pregnancy or what, but my hair is so heavy now! My thin little baby hairs are now robust threads of gold! Every time I put my hair back in a ponytail, my thin little hair ties would pull at my hair and i was constantly tugging at it to relieve the tension. I picked up these heavy duty ties yesterday to hopefully give me a little more support.

 

Question of the Day

What has been your favorite thing this week?

Editor's Pick

  • new spring diabetes gear tech and supplies
  • the best naturally sugar free drinks t1d diabetes

Leave A Comment

  1. Leslie April 27, 2018 at 9:12 am - Reply

    I got my G6 yesterday!!! It’s so awesome, but I didn’t realize that the applicator is one time use only…then you have to toss the whole thing. So much waste! Not happy/impressed with that!

    • T1D Living April 27, 2018 at 9:55 am - Reply

      I heard about that! That is a huge waste!

  2. Rick Phillips April 29, 2018 at 10:01 pm - Reply

    My best thing is that I was in Chicago at HealthEVoices. Now next year I will be in FL Yippeee !!!

Related Posts

  • Friday is here! How are you guys doing? We picked up our chickens on Wednesday and have spent [...]

    Continue Reading
  • new spring diabetes gear tech and supplies

    See all the new diabetes tech & gear for spring 2022! So many new patterns, colors, gear, and [...]

    Continue Reading
  • the best naturally sugar free drinks t1d diabetes

    Sick of plain ol' water? Try one of these thirst quenching naturally sugar free drinks that have NO [...]

    Continue Reading