Have you guys heard the BIG NEWS for android users? Dexcom just released their Dexcom G5 mobile app for android! This is huge! Now you can get your dexcom results right on your phone. And since you can get it on your phone, that means you can also get dexcom on android wear watch!
Let’s Get Started, But First, Make Sure You’re Phone Works With The App
To get your Dexcom on Android Wear Watch you’ll first need to get it on your phone. The app is currently only compatible with Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, and S7, Samsung Galaxy Note 5, LG G4, LG G5, or Nexus 6.
Dexcom is constantly adding more Android phones to their list. Check their website (here) for a complete list of current compatible devices. Or check the Play Store app – if your device is compatible you will see the Dexcom G5 Mobile app in the Play Store.
If your android is compatible with the app, download the app and pair it with your transmitter. The pairing process is easy, you literally just use your phones camera to scan the barcode that’s on your transmitter box. Don’t have your transmitter box? That’s okay, just enter in the numbers on the back of your transmitter.
Once you start getting your results on your phone you’re ready for the watch! But which watch do you choose?
After doing a lot of research I decided to go with the Asus Zen 2 watch (check it out on Amazon here).
- It’s water resistant (you can shower or submerge it up to 1 meter)
- The screen is made of gorilla glass
- The larger one (which is the one I got) has a speaker in it so you can make phone calls and voice text
- Long battery life (lasting about 1.5 days)
- Charges FAST! Up to 60% in just 15 minutes
- Plus there are tons of interchangeable bands ranging from metal, to silicon, to leather.
NOTE! Dexcom G5 mobile app is only compatible with Android Wear 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, and 2.0 (which almost all new watches are) The Asus Zen Watch 2 is 1.5
Getting the Dexcom App Screen on Your Watch
1. Now to the fun stuff! The first thing you’ll need to do is sync your watch to your phone (which is a super simple process – the watch walks you through each step).
5. Click on it and your phone will instantly take on the new face.
There you have it! You can get your BG dex readings right from your wrist!