Green Smoothie Muffins
These gluten free, dairy free, nut free, lower carb GREEN SMOOTHIE MUFFINS are perfect for make-a-head breakfasts or fast snacks. They taste like banana bread but contain 4 CUPS OF SPINACH! And they are nut free which makes them perfect to back in school lunches.
Servings: 12 Muffins
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 Cup Flax Meal
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 4 Cups Lightly Packed Spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Ripe Banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup water
- 3/4 Cup Mylk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Heat oven to 375
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a bowl (all the dry ingredients). Set aside.
- In a blender, combine remaining ingredients (all the wet ingredients + spinach).
- Combine batter.
- Pour batter into lined muffin pan. (about 1/4 C of batter will go into each liner)
- Bake for 21 minutes. Then turn oven OFF, leave door slightly ajar, and let muffins sit inside oven for another 5 minutes.
- Remove muffin pan from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before transferring individual muffins out of the pan.