This recipe is from Lindsay Grimes-Freedman’s Cookbook, Cauliflower Power. She is the woman behind TheToastedPinenut.com. She has incredibly delicious and easy recipes that are gluten & dairy free and typically low carb (her husband has T1D!).
Low Carb Loaf Bread
This low carb seedy loaf bread is the answer to all of your sandwich (and french toast) prayers! And it has 3 cups of cauliflower in it - so a heaaaavy serving of hidden veggies. And, as always, it's gluten free, dairy free, and paleo.
Servings: 12 slices
- 3 Cups Cauliflower Rice
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Arrowroot Flour (or Tapioca Flour)
- 1/4 Cup Ground Flax
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Seed Mix (I like to use Sesame, Sunflower, Pumpkin, and Chia)
- Heat oven to 350F
- Cook cauliflower rice, dry saute, for about 5 minutes.
- Allow rice to cool, transfer to a dish towel and squeeze out excess liquid. Set aside.
- In a high-powered blender, combine eggs and tahini about 30 seconds. Add cauliflower rice and blend 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend for 1 minute. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- Pour batter into a 9x5 loaf pan and sprinkle with seed topping. Bake for 1 hour.