When I was looking back on my pregnancy updates I couldn’t believe that my last update was at 27 weeks! So, needless to say, this update is LONG overdue! Thankfully I have been keeping notes on my phone of my symptoms every week so this blog post was super quick to throw together!
Pregnancy Update: Weeks 28-38
Colostrum has come in! Super gassy/indigestion. Hunger has increased for the first time this pregnancy.
I’m up 19lbs (174)
This may be TMI, but hey, that’s why you’re here right? Looser-than-normal stool has become the norm, in terms of bowel movements. But on the plus side, insulin resistance has plateaued. I have actually been able to reduce insulin needs by about 10%. It’s been easy to stay in range.
Hip flexor discomfort… have a hard time lift legs up to even put through pants and shorts
I’m up 20lbs (175)
Noticed a bit of swelling in my feet and ankles for the first time, but nothing crazy, and it went down the next day. Still wearing ring, belly button is totally flat. I have also been having shin and ankle pain… it almost feels like shin splints.
Oh and despite my blood sugar being in the 70-120mg/dL range I am crazy thirsty all the time! Also, my emotions have been all over the place this week.
I’m up 23lbs (178)
Shin splint pains are at an all time high this week.
I’m up 26lbs (181)
I’ve been told that my stomach is dropping, but I don’t quite see it. And I have apparently been experience braxton hicks contractions (which I didn’t know were contractions until my doc told me I was going through one right then and there).
These past two weeks have been the most moving in terms of a shift happening. It’s hard to explain exactly what this shift feels like, but here have been my symptoms…
- Stomach has noticeably dropped. It’s lower and more pointy.
- I feel like I am in a constant braxton Hicks contraction
- Insulin needs have slowly been decreasing since week 30 and it’s been super easy to stay in range
- Acupressure points (for labor induction) have been super tender. More so than ever before in this pregnancy.
- Insatiable urge to nest. I have been organizing and reorganizing EVERYTHING in my home.
- Cervical pain/pressure/lightening crotch, especially when walking or going from a sitting to a standing position.
- Minor food aversions have come back (mostly to animal protein).
I’m also pretty sure I was experiencing false labor at 38 weeks after I had acupuncture (to help encourage labor). I was super crampy, had back pain, felt nauseous, and woke up every hour. But by the morning, most of those symptoms has lessened and were back to their normal intensity.
I’m up 27lbs (182)
Did you miss my previous pregnancy updates?
Catch my 21-27 week update
13-20 week update
8-12 week update