Many of my friends have been asking me what I think about conventional deodorants and what I use for deodorant. I figured this is such an important topic that I should write a post about it. So here it is!
Conventional deodorants contain antiperspirants which block your sweat glands and prevent you from sweating. You might think this is great, but sweating is your body’s way of detoxing, so when your pits can’t detox you have a build up of toxins. A build up of toxins is dangerous anywhere on your body, but ESPECIALLY in an area that is heavily concentrated with lymph nodes (like your armpit/breast area).
Antiperspirants are just one of the many issues with conventional deodorants. To save time I’m not going to go into all the issues because I’m sure you’ve heard it all before. So where can you find a non-toxic deodorant that doesn’t contain antiperspirants and that actually works? I searched high and low, trying almost every all-natural deodorant product out there…it was exhausting, but it paid off! I have found THE ONE.
The deodorant is called Piper Wai. Piper Wai was developed by a woman who was sick of all the toxic deodorants on the market and wanted to create a deodorant that worked naturally with her body. Here is why I love this deodorant
- Contains 100% all-natural, non-toxic ingredients
- EWG Skin Deep gave it a toxicity score of 2. See it HERE.
- The smell is amazing
- It lasts all.day.long. even thru a workout
- Is is NOT an antiperspirant, that being said, it’s made with activated charcoal (which is a ridiculously absorbent mineral) that absorbs your sweat as you sweat and doesn’t leave you or your shirts feeling wet
- Great for my sensitive skin. This is the first all-natural deodorant that hasn’t given me rashes, hives, redness, or a burning/stinging sensation.
- Easy cream application. I apply a pea sized amount under each arm with my finger.
- One jar lasts forever. I have been using mine for about 3 months and I’m not even half way through it.
I did notice a slight sting when applying after a shave or when wearing for more than 24hrs (hello camping). For those of you who are wondering, here is the list of deodorants I have tried that didn’t work for me (but that’s not to say they won’t work for you): Toms of Maine, Primal Pit Paste, Arm & Hammer, Soapwalla, Crystal Salt Stick, The Best Deodorant In The World, The Honest Company, Kiss My Face. And the DIY deodorants: vinegar spray, lemon juice, alcohol swabs.
Piper Wai can be bought online HERE at PiperWai.com. This post is not sponsored by Piper Wai. This is my own personal experience.