If you have Hashimoto’s Disease then you need these book on your bookshelf! These are the top books on understanding, treating, and putting Hashimoto’s Disease into remission.
The Best Books on Hashimoto’s Disease 2022
1. Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis: Lifestyle Interventions for Finding and Treating the Root Cause by Izabella Wentz
Dr. Izabella Wentz is a clinical pharmacist. She was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Disease in 2009. She combined emerging research with her clinical expertise to identify & remove triggers that had caused her to develop Hashimoto’s. You may have heard that thyroid medications are the only treatment option. Or that there is no way to halt or reverse the autoimmune process once it starts. In her book, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, she dispels that myth. She shows how targeted lifestyle interventions allow the body to rebalance and halt the autoimmune process; allowing the thyroid to recover.
2. What you Must Know About Hashimotos Disease by Brittany Henderson
Realizing that far too many patients are not getting the information and care they need, the authors created this book. The book is divided into three parts.
- 1. Getting to Know Your Thyroid, explains how the thyroid functions, how Hashimoto’s affects your health, and what signs to look for.
- 2. Testing and Diagnosis, looks at the most reliable tests used to detect Hashimoto’s, how they work, and what to expect from testing.
- 3. Treatment and Management, discusses the most effective conventional medications as well as those complementary treatments that have proven to be effective.
3. Your Healthy Pregnancy with Thyroid Disease by Dana Trentini
Founder of HypothyroidMom.com Dana Trentini and thyroid health advocate and bestselling author Mary Shomon have come together to write this book. Both endured challenges with pregnancies due to thyroid disorders. With personal stories and cutting-edge medical advice from leading health practitioners, the book explains how to recognize thyroid symptoms, get properly diagnosed/treated, manage thyroid problems during pregnancy, overcome thyroid-related infertility, and deal with postpartum challenges.
4. Hidden Epidemic by JD Levy
While this book isn’t specifically about the thyroid, it does shed light on how oral infections and dental treatments are responsible for most heart attacks, breast cancers, and majority of other chronic degenerative diseases including thyroid disease.
This is not a book, but a podcast. I love the work of Katie Wells from WellnessMama.com. In this podcast episode she talks about how she got her Hashimoto’s into remission and what she’s doing to maintain it. It’s a very informative podcast and I think you’ll get a lot from it! https://wellnessmama.com/podcast/hashimotos-update/
Have You Read a Good Book on Hashimoto’s Disease?
Put it in the comments! I’d love to check it out, plus it helps others get good recommendations too!
Share this article, The Best Books on Hashimoto’s Disease 2022, with someone who has Hashimoto’s! Sharing helps more people find this blog. Thank you!
I love Dr. Izabella Wentz’s work! She has a great IG too. I haven’t read the others so I’ll have to check those out. Thanks for the recommendations!